Re: Ideas for v2.1

John Henders (jhenders@stdismas.bogon.com)
12 Jun 1996 10:26:12 -0700

<Pine.LNX.3.93.960611132950.1482A-100000@uplift.sparta.lu.se>

In <Pine.LNX.3.93.960611132950.1482A-100000@uplift.sparta.lu.se>
mike@uplift.sparta.lu.se (
Mikael Abrahamsson) writes:

>What it did was to try to access hda and hdb when checking partitions,
>giving me about 10 lines of device not accessable. When trying to mount
>partitions it worked perfectly though. This is with a triton MB and late
>linux kernels.

Well, as a contrast, I have one drive on hda and one on hdc and I don't
get any attempt to check the partitions on hdb no bootup. Are you sure
you don't have hda jumpered to think it's a master rather than a single
drive? I have a triton chipset as well.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.