Re: 2.0, loggings, cpu quotas, 2.1 issues, etc.

Graham Mitchell (gmitch@woodlea.wintermute.co.uk)
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:08:34 +0000

On 10 Jun 96 at 11:15, Jeff Johnson wrote:

<snip>

> ***** Second, I would like to see some of the meter-0.2 or Portato code
> integrated into kernel source and/or modules. This way, system status
> lights could be updated by the kernel, without reading /proc or calling
> uptime/ps/the like. This might be considered bloat, but that why it is
> optional.

Already done..... Well, it just needs to be modularised. and some
wayward numbers fixed..... I've not looked at it since around 1.3.81

> ***** Profiled/stripped swap. Swap could be written to two drives at

Absolutley

One thing I would add, is that the serial console patches should also
be included in the 2.1 kernel.

Graham
The world isnt run by weapons any more, or energy or money
Its run by little 1s and 0s, little bits of data
Its all just electrons