Re: New 2.0 web page

Paolo Pierini (pierini@mi.infn.it)
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 17:07:25 +0200

(Aaron Ucko) wrote:

> By a similar token, I'm still using binutils 2.6.0.2 because version 2.6.0.14
> says it requires libc 5.3.something, and managing just fine.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, I was using 2.6.0.12 and the upgrade to 2.0.0 caused gprof to
coredump,
2.6.0.14 fixes it. I still live on the "stable" 5.2.18.

OK, ld still worked, but hey, binutils contains other things besides ld!

I guess it really depends on which of the binutils executable
you are using... maybe it would be better to explicitely report in the
Changes file the programs of the packages that stop to work.

--
Paolo Pierini: Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
               Lab. LASA / Via Cervi, 201 / I-20090 Segrate (MI), Italy

Tel: x39-2-2392-560 pierini@mi.infn.it http://hptesla.mi.infn.it/staff/pp.html