RE: The World After Linux-2.0 (Was: Re: Linux-2.0)

Sat, 8 Jun 1996 01:33:06 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Alex Pikus wrote:

> What is ARM?

ARM is the (amazing) RISC CPU used in the Archimides (SP?) computer (I
think, it's the one that you just stack boxes for more disks/CPU's/Other
CPU's(eg i386)/... ), I think someone said to me that the designer tryed
to stress it out, and the couldn't (By sticking the Mhz though the
roof, could be BS tho), also used in imbeded systems too. StrongARM is
another version (faster ? async ?).

> and why 8086?

Want a cheap terminal/router/... ?

> Thanks!
>
> Alex.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.