Re: Linux 2.0 (telnet regards)

B. James Phillippe (bryan@terran.org)
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 15:53:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, David Flood wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > CARRIER LOST
>
> Nope, that's the sound of telnet being broke big time. Logging in at the
> console works but telneting in (even telneting to myself) results in very
> garbled output. Some of the symptoms:

FWIW: I do not experience ANY of these symptoms or have any problems
using telnet on my 1.99.13 box, patched up from.. long way back. telnet
localhost, telnet inside and outside interfaces (I'm a gateway) all seem
to be fine. Using libc-5.3.13 and termcap 2.0.8. Your problem could be
termcap related..?

--
# B. James Phillippe # System Administrator [terran.org]
# <bryan@terran.org> ~ http://www.terran.org/~bryan