Re: Linux-2.0

Jeffery S. Coy Jr. (jcoy@red.cscwc.pima.edu)
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 13:38:29 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> HOWEVER, in the unlikely case that there are still problems, I'd like to hear
> about them. We may not be able to fix all the problems in the world in the last
> day or two of 2.0 development, but at least we can try. So consider it your
> civic duty to bother enough that you try this out, ok?

just a couple of aethetic notes about the configure.

when asking for help about CONFIG_IP_FORWARD, it says "you'll need to
enable IP firewalling below", but the firewalling stuff is above now :)

the other one was that when i got to the non-SCSI cdroms, even tho it was
a clean build it was claiming each device was (NEW).

jeff

---
Why Linux?  source code. POSIX. tcpip. job control. support from the authors.
drivers for most hardware.  because one terminal or process is never enough.
    forget the other O/Ss, i use Linux- the choice of a gnu generation.