Re: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.

Jon M. Taylor (taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu)
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

On 6 Jun 1996, Niels =?UNKNOWN-8BIT?Q?M=F6ller?= wrote:

> Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net> writes:
>
> > Before GGI can go in you will have to address support for at least X and
> > enough SVGAlib support to run doom, otherwise people won't use it. That
> > shouldnt be a big problem, and if they screw up well its their problem not
> > yours ;)
>
> Perhaps you can get some design ideas from frambuffer devices that are
> part of the m68k port. As far as I understand, it works quite well
> for both Amigas and Ataris. You can even use the same X-server on both
> types of machines...

The 68k people have expressed interest in having the GGI run on
their systems. I personally haven't looked at their code (man, I really
wish I still had an Amiga!), but we will take good ideas anywhere we can
find them.

Jon Taylor = <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu> | <http://gaia.ecs.csus.edu/~taylorj>
Moderation is for monks." - Lazarus Long