Problem: block on freelist at 00000000 isn't free

Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Mon, 3 Jun 96 09:46 MET DST

Newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel
From: Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>
Subject: Re: noblink (was Re: [POSIX.6] Patches uploaded)
Date: 03 Jun 1996 09:46:37 +0200

<athan@mersinet.co.uk> wrote:
> >I may be out of it, and this may be off-topic, but doesn't setterm do this?
> >setterm -blink on|off
> How about colour cursors? Does setterm do BLOCK cursor rather
> than underline too? the noblink package does... give it a go... It was

All that setterm does is send a few escape sequences. The code to
_interpret_ them is in the noblink patch. If you don't have that
installed the setterm does nothing.

Btw., I definitely vote for the noblink patch into the mainstream
kernel (have an LCD myself :-)

olaf

--
___        Olaf.Titz@inka.de or @{stud,informatik}.uni-karlsruhe.de       ____