Re: 1.99.3 (pre2.0.3) ooops

Dirk A. Niggemann (dabn100@cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 14 May 1996 19:03:58 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 14 May 1996, Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >
> > [ btw, it gets a lot easier for me if the kernel dump is prettied up a
> > bit - ksymoops does this quite well. It's very hard to go throw "raw
> > data" with very little hints on system map information etc ]
> >

> btw, ksymoops is still SEGV'ing here (in 1.99.3), any why to fix it ?
> (ELF bin compiled with "g++ -o ksymoops ksymoops.cc -liostream -pipe -g",
> core dumped, all avalable for debuging ;)
You probably updated your libg++ to a version newer than your libiostream.
I think the new(er) libg++ versions don't need explicitly need liostream.
ksymoops more-or less works on my system if i omit the liostream line
1.3.47 gcc2.7.2 libg++ 27.1.0

BTW I am under the impression there is a version of klogd which
automagically ksymoopses Oops messages and can do this with loaded
modeules as well. Is this true, and if yes, where can I find it.