Re: Linux Logo prototype. (fwd)

Russell Berry (rberry@albany.net)
Fri, 10 May 1996 21:13:31 -0400 (EDT)

Let's try this again...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 21:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Russell Berry <rberry@magik.albany.net>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi>
Cc: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>, Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net>,
linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Linux Logo prototype.

Alright Linus, and everyone else who graces this list, I would like to
propose dropping the furry, cuddly, cute little stuffed animals as some
mascot for Linux. Why? I don't know, maybe because everyone who devotes
effort toward the Linux project is making history. Because we're talking
about symbolizing the greatest group effort and goal in the history of
programming. (Too dramatic?) I don't think so.

Okay, I understand everyone wants a symbol, but I feel something stronger,
more powerful, mythical if you will. Something that truly symbolizes what
Linux stands for, that symbolizes the oneness of it all, the cumulative
brilliance that spans the globe.

Just my opinion...

---russ