Re: no swap partition bigger than 16MB [YAP]

Davi Antunes Lima (davi@eln.gov.br)
Sat, 11 May 1996 23:17:14 -0300 (EST)

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Alexandre Maret wrote:

> I was amazed by this declaration (Linux swap partitions
> can't be more than 16MB), because I use linux since a
> long time (3 years). Could someone tell me when this
> restriction has been removed, please... I don't remember
> having problems with this !

According to Matt Welsh's book "Running Linux": "A single swap file or
partition may be up to 16 megabutes in size. If you wish to use more than
16 megabytes of swap, you can create multiple swap partitions or files -
up to eight in all."

Contrary to that recomendation, I have a linux system that uses a single
50 megabytes partition and never gave me problems. Maybe because I never
have to use more than 16 megabytes of it...

Davi