Re: Patch for repquota.c (quota-utils), fixes segmentation fault.

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Wed, 8 May 1996 15:26:03 +0100 (BST)

On 7 May 1996, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> (if someone wants the patch to get 1.51 to compile (problems with include-files
> and #defines), mail me. This patch alone doesn't make quota-utils 1.51
> compile..).

It sounds very much like we need 1.52, or preferably 1.6. In addition to
the two fixes mentioned here (repquota works fine for me under all 1.3.x
unpatched by the way), I'd also like to mention this:

When running edquota, the bl**dy thing checks for ruid==root, not
euid==root. This caused problems when my suid root program to create
accounts tried to call "edquota -p". A better way would be to have
edquota check for write permission to the relevant quota files, that way
a special group can be created for this privilege.

The patch to get this behaviour is trivial and won't affect most people,
so I'll not post it.

Cheers,
Chris.