Re: Linux logo

Robert Riggs (phaedrus@dreamscape.com)
Mon, 6 May 1996 16:38:50 -0500

Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 16:37:41 -0400
From: Buddha Buck <phaedrus@dreamscape.com>

> On 4 May 1996, Steven L Baur wrote:
>
> > Mark> hmm. i don't think FreeBSD is the "adversary" here, but Windows 95
> > Mark> certainly is. how about a penguin smashing in a window or something?
> >
> > I agree. We should be allies with BSD. How about a penguin with its
>
> hehehe... ok, how about a tag-team of a buff BSD daemon and a buff
> penguin, with the pengin currently in the ring knocking the crap out of
> scrawny Gates?

How about we use the Killer Penguin -alone- as a mascot or logo for
Linux 2.0, and then we can use it in creative ways like above. But all
of these ideas, while fun, are a bit complicated for a logo.

Besides, do we want our -logo-, our -personal- symbol, our -identity-
dependant on that of Windows or BSD?

Personally, I'd like to see Castle Microsoft surrounded by a field of
little Killer Penguins and BSD Daemons. If need be, I can even
rationalise it. But not as a logo.

(Just don't have the penguin humming "Strangers in the Night")

--
     Buddha Buck                      bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu
"She was infatuated with their male prostitutes, whose members were