Re: Linux logo

David S. Miller (davem@caip.rutgers.edu)
Sun, 5 May 1996 02:02:00 -0400

From: Kevin Buettner <kev@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 13:23:58 -0700 (MST)

From my viewpoint, the competition that exists between these two
OS' is healthy. I am much more concerned about Microsofts of the
world.

Which two? I know one is Linux but which is the other you speak of?

1) FreeBSD? Ok, they are cool and understand what a win
it is to cooperate with other free software projects.

2) NetBSD? Very bad attitude towards Linux and the whole
world in general. Not too many nails left to go in that
coffin...

3) OpenBSD? Too early to tell. But most likely will be as
cooperative as the FreeBSD people...

Note that these camps can't even (note the word camp implies some kind
of war is going on...) get along with each other and place nice with
other BSD people.

Anyone remember the T-shirts Bill Joy had with the Star Wars Death
Star looking AT&T logo exploding at the end of the BSD Devil's pitch
fork? I think that was really cool.

The only one of the MicroSoft's I'm worried about is Sun, trying to
take over the world with Java. It's obviously aimed at gaining some
market share from Microsoft, ugh the lesser of two evil's I suppose...

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu