Re: Serial Driver Bug??

Andrew E. Mileski (aem@nic.ott.hookup.net)
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 23:51:16 -0400 (EDT)

> I've been getting lots of errors in all kernels since the
> serial driver went modular.
>
> I haven't seen any of these symptoms on my machine, and neither has any
> of the other people whom I'm familiar with who have tried using the
> modular serial driver.
>
> Do any of these problems (cat /proc/ioports causing system crashes,
> etc.) happen *before* the first time the serial driver is loaded?

No.

> If anyone else has seen similar problems, by all means, please let me
> (and the kernel mailing list) know.

I've tried v1.3.95 with/without serial module. Results: module = errors

Note: v1.3.95 is nearly useless for me, since the SCSI driver is now
broken even worse than in other v1.3.9* kernels. Last error-free
kernel for me was v1.3.89.

-- Andrew E. Mileski --
mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net
http://www.redhat.com/~aem/