Re: 1.3.95 fcntl_setlk() problems

Justin Dossey (dossey@flex.net)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:21:24 +0000 ( )

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Michael Riepe wrote:

> Grab a new version of libc (I think 5.3.9 should be ok) and recompile
> all programs that use flock(). As a starting point, recompile getty_ps,
> agetty and login from util-linux; they're flock()ing /var/log/wtmp.

I have noticed that simply making sure the links /lib/libc.so.5 and
/lib/libm.so.? are set to new libc's stops the problem. I heard
something about a security hole in 5.3.9, so you might be interested in
doing 5.2.18. Notice that nothing changes until those links are moved.

Justin Dossey
dossey@flex.net houston, tx usa
http://www.flex.net/~dossey