Re: networking, 1.3.91

Russell Berry (rberry@albany.net)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:33:07 -0400 (EDT)

All that you suggest checks out, I did notice another
additional oddity. when I do an ifconfig sometimes
it shows eth0 in promisc mode! So I ifconfig eth0 -promisc,
it goes back to the way it was and everything runs smoothly
for a couple more hours. When the network starts dragging
again later, I'll do ifconfig, and the promisc will be back
again!! Is my card dying?

---russ

On Wed, 24 Apr
1996,