Re: signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN), possible solution?

Andrew C. Esh (andrewes@cnt.com)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:32:32 -0500

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> > Linus, what do you think?
>
> I might as well make this blunt. Sensible people stop reading now.
>
> The current behaviour IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Nice rip! Let 'em have it!

> Sorry for shouting at you, but I get irritated by people expecting linux
> to do something obviously broken for no good reason at all. The
> discussion is ended as far as I'm concerned and I'm going to
> completely ignore any messages in this thread,

Way to let them know how it is. As my grandfather the carpenter used to say,
"Lay it on the board, flat!".

In other words, sometimes it's nice to have a good digital situation.
Black or white, no grey. No wasting time, either.

I nominate Linus for Beloved Benevolent Dictator.

--
Andrew C. Esh			mailto:andrew_esh@cnt.com
Computer Network Technology	andrewes@mtn.org (finger for PGP key)