Re: Got this on make dep on 1.3.94 kernel

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:55:53 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <317C4A40.5E43E9CA@ne1h.radio.org>,
"Alan K. Adamson" <ne1h@tornado.ne1h.radio.org> writes:
>=20
> genksyms "ksyms.c": warning: symbol [do_mmap]: unknown 'struct sock'
>=20
genksyms walks through your data structure dependencies recursively.
Sometimes it hits data structures which are only referenced by pointer =
and
which he relevant source file fails to include (because it doesn't need
these structures anyway).

> Dont know if the kernel will compile or not with this, but I would do=
ubt
> it as there is some structure that is missing...
>=20
In other words, the error is harmless.

--=20
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
-- Vince Lombardi, football coach
--=20
Matthias Urlichs \ Noris Network GmbH i.Gr/ Xlink-POP N=FCrnberg=
=20
Schleiermacherstra=DFe 12 \ Linux+Internet / EMail: urlichs@nor=
is.de
90491 N=FCrnberg (Germany) \ Consulting+Programming+Networking+etc'i=
ng
PGP: 1B 89 E2 1C 43 EA 80 44 15 D2 29 CF C6 C7 E0 DE=20
Click <A HREF=3D"http://smurf.noris.de/~smurf/finger">here</A>. =
42