Re: Some Serious 1.3.90 Issues, Again.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 09:01:02 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

> Why do people expect consistency with _EXPERIMENTAL_ kernels?
> It is akin to expecting politicians to keep election promises.

NO!

You _should_ run the experimental kernels, as much as possible. And
you _should_ expect it to work correctly and consistently. The experimental
doesn't mean "may break - don't test". It means "may break - complain to us
if it does, but don't expect us to feel sorry for you".

So Simon is doing exactly the right thing.. Don't flame people for
reporting bugs.

As to why Simon sees the problems, I don't know yet. Duh.

Linus