Re: 1.3.20: NULL deref and /proc fall down go boom

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de)
Sun, 20 Aug 1995 02:27:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 19 Aug 1995, Mike Shaver wrote:
> I've been running 1.3.20 for a couple of days now (I'd check how many
> exactly, but /proc/uptime is gone =) ), and I think I found a problem.
> [...]
> I'd wager it's something to do with /proc, because it's missing some
> stuff. (On the other hand, what do I know?)

Yes, that's correct. It seems to be caused by some interaction between the
new proc-tree parts and the not yet updated /proc/scsi code.

I will rewrite/update the /proc/scsi stuff as soon as I have some spare time
in the next few days.

Mike

"Maybe you should telephone the Internet and talk to their tech
support people."
(Reply from an AOL tech-support rep speaking to a customer complaining
about e-mail that failed to go through.)
(SOURCE: Internet World, February 1995, p. 18)