Re: Problems with scsi proc entries in 1.3.20

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de)
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 00:54:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 19 Aug 1995, Stefan Kuehnel wrote:
> I just rechecked it, and the command that is actually generating the
> problem is the ls -la I did of the scsi directory. If I do a
> ls -la /proc/scsi
> I get the messaged:
> ls: /proc/scsi/scsi: No such file or directory
> ls: /proc/scsi/aic7xxx: No such file or directory
> and all entries in /proc are gone.
>
> Hope that helps,

Yes it does. I still can't reproduce your effects, but I'm getting
something similar. Since this doesn't happen with pre-1.3.19 kernels,
I'm pretty sure it is caused by the new registering code (introduced in
the 19/20 patches), which is not yet supported by /proc/scsi.

I'll change that in the next few days as soon as I have some time.
Then this effect should disapear.

Mike

"Maybe you should telephone the Internet and talk to their tech
support people."
(Reply from an AOL tech-support rep speaking to a customer complaining
about e-mail that failed to go through.)
(SOURCE: Internet World, February 1995, p. 18)