Grrr: We miss you Jerry Garcia.

David S. Miller (davem@caip.rutgers.edu)
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 18:29:54 -0400

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 22:13:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: We.miss.you.Jerry.Garcia@vger.rutgers.edu

Jerry we love you. How could you die!

Friggin netcom.com idiots, someone should pull that site right off the
net after all the trouble they cause. About 200 or 300 of these
forgeries came in the linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, trust me I am
hassling netcom.com as we speak for real answers. Check out the
annotated headers below for the info.

Ok, forged return path, not to difficult to do...

id <01HTX9NIU6CW000LHO@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu>; Thu, 10 Aug 1995 22:13:33 CDT

Whoa! This vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu site decides that it will forward the
mail for the netcom5.netcom.com person. This is odd. He could have
hard-coded the routes in the origional header which I wish I had.
That PMDF vax mailer probably lets one do all sorts of fun mail
routing tricks...