Re: Xfree odd behavior

Perry F Nguyen (pfnguyen@netcom22.netcom.com)
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 11:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Eric Bosch wrote:

> This is probably not the appropriate list for this, but maybe someone has
> a solution! I finally got my system stabilized by enabling tagged
> queing, and have noticed one odd problem that I didn't notice occuring
> prior to migrating to ELF. After doing heavy disk activity in X for a 5
> minute or greater duration, and I attempt to exit X by pressing
> <CTRL><ALT><BS> the keyboard no longer responds. I'm not certain if the
> kernel is crashed, or not, but I may recreate again tomorrow, leaving
> SLIP connection up, and attempt to FTP from another site to see if
> anything else is amiss. Has anyone else had this problem, or know what
> to do about it? Thanks

You may want to check if it's a motherboard problem. I sort of had this
"problem" also, I read the motherboard's manual and found the problem
instantly.

Some green motherboards have a hotkey, that if enabled, will lock the
keyboard up until the CMOS/BIOS password is typed in.

My BIOS had a hotkey combination of exactly that CTRL-ALT-BS ... first
thought it was a problem with X, then I found I could do it from any
place.

BTW, this message should have gone to linux-x11 not linux-kernel

--
pub   768/8585BADD 1995/06/10 Perry Francis Nguyen <Huy / ABV>
       Key fingerprint  =  6A E5 2A 4F C8 CF 53 17  82 95 9F 01 47 65 D3 E2