Re: QCA NVM file for the X13s (WCN6855)

From: quic_zijuhu
Date: Thu May 02 2024 - 08:56:27 EST

On 5/2/2024 6:57 PM, Johan Hovold wrote:
> Hi Zijun and Tim,
>
> I noticed that you have both submitted firmware and NVM files for
> QCA2066 to linux-firmware. [1][2]
>
> I'm working on Linux support for the Lenovo ThinkPad X13s (Windows on
> Arm, Snapdragon), which has the related WCN6855 controller that uses the
> same firmware (hpbtfw21.tlv).

which SOC type does the machine use? WCN6855 or QCA2066?
> The current Linux driver is using the generic NVM file (hpnv21.bin) for
> WCN6855, but connectivity is quite bad and I only get 2-3 meters of
> range.
> > Switching to the board-specific NVM configuration (hpnv21b.b8c) that
it seems hpnv21b.b8c is a wrong NVM name.
is it hpnv21g.b8c?
> came with the Windows driver make all issues go away and the range is
> really good, but I'm not sure if that file is fully compatible with the
> firmware used by the Linux driver.
>
> Could you help us submit an NVM configuration file for the controller
> with board id 0x008c to linux-firmware?

For Windows OS, there are relevant channel to deliver BT firmware.
For Linux OS, we normally upload relevant BT firmware to linux-firmware.

it seems customer would like to use Linux OS instead of preinstalled
Windows OS for the machine.
right?

need customer to make a request for their requirements if the answer is
yes for above question.