Re: 6.9.0-rc2+ kernel hangs on boot (bisected, maybe LED related)

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Thu May 02 2024 - 04:30:32 EST

On 02.05.24 09:19, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
>
>> On 23.04.24 11:06, Johannes Berg wrote:

>>> What do you want? It got bisected to an LED merge, but you ping _us_?
>>> Way to go ...
>>
>> Sorry, to me it sounded a bit like you had an idea for a fix and were
>> going to give it a try -- similar to how the maintainers for a r8169
>> driver and the igc driver provided fixes for bugs recent LED changes
>> exposed.
>>
>> But sure, you are right, in the end some LED change seems to have cause
>> this, so the duty to fix it lies in that field. Therefore:
>>
>> Lee, what's the status here to get this fixed before the final?
>
> No idea. Did you send a fix?

I'm just here to help Linus keeping an eye on regression to ensure they
are handled like he wants them to be handled.

But Ben Greear sent a patch to work around the problem:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20240430234212.2132958-1-greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.