Subject: [PATCH 1/3] mips: Include KBUILD_CPPFLAGS in CHECKFLAGS invocation

From: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:38:24 -0700

A future change will move CLANG_FLAGS from KBUILD_{A,C}FLAGS to
KBUILD_CPPFLAGS so that '--target' is available while preprocessing.
When that occurs, the following error appears when building ARCH=mips
with clang (tip of tree error shown):

  clang: error: unsupported option '-mabi=' for target 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'

Add KBUILD_CPPFLAGS in the CHECKFLAGS invocation to keep everything
working after the move.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/mips/Makefile | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/mips/Makefile b/arch/mips/Makefile
index a7a4ee66a9d3..ef7b05ae92ce 100644
--- a/arch/mips/Makefile
+++ b/arch/mips/Makefile
@@ -346,7 +346,7 @@ KBUILD_CFLAGS += -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables
 KBUILD_LDFLAGS		+= -m $(ld-emul)
 
 ifdef CONFIG_MIPS
-CHECKFLAGS += $(shell $(CC) $(KBUILD_CFLAGS) -dM -E -x c /dev/null | \
+CHECKFLAGS += $(shell $(CC) $(KBUILD_CPPFLAGS) $(KBUILD_CFLAGS) -dM -E -x c /dev/null | \
 	grep -E -vw '__GNUC_(MINOR_|PATCHLEVEL_)?_' | \
 	sed -e "s/^\#define /-D'/" -e "s/ /'='/" -e "s/$$/'/" -e 's/\$$/&&/g')
 endif
-- 
2.41.0