[RFC v2 0/5] remove page_endio()

From: Pankaj Raghav
Date: Wed Mar 22 2023 - 09:50:59 EST

It was decided to remove the page_endio() as per the previous RFC
discussion[1] of this series and move that functionality into the caller
itself. One of the side benefit of doing that is the callers have been
modified to directly work on folios as page_endio() already worked on
folios.

mpage changes were tested with a simple boot testing. zram and orangefs is
only build tested. No functional changes were introduced as a part of
this AFAIK.

Open questions:
- Willy pointed out that the calls to folio_set_error() and
folio_clear_uptodate() are not needed anymore in the read path when an
error happens[2]. I still don't understand 100% why they aren't needed
anymore as I see those functions are still called in iomap. It will be
good to put that rationale as a part of the commit message.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/ZBHcl8Pz2ULb4RGD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/ZBSH6Uq6IIXON%2Frh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Pankaj Raghav (5):
zram: remove zram_page_end_io function
orangefs: use folios in orangefs_readahead
mpage: split bi_end_io callback for reads and writes
mpage: use folios in bio end_io handler
filemap: remove page_endio()

drivers/block/zram/zram_drv.c | 13 +----------
fs/orangefs/inode.c | 9 +++----