System boot failure related to commit 'irqdomain: Switch to per-domain locking'

From: Bingbu Cao
Date: Mon Feb 27 2023 - 05:46:09 EST

Hi, Johan and Zyngier,

I am using a Dell XPS laptop(Intel Processor) just update my
Linux kernel to latest tag 6.2.0, and then I see that the kernel
cannot boot successfully, it reported:
Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems:
- Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
- Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
- Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)

ALERT! UUID=xxxxxxx does not exist. Dropping to shell!

And then it drop into initramfs shell, I try to use 'blkid' to
get block devices information, but it showed nothing.

I also tried add 'rootdelay' and 'rootwait' in bootargs, but it did
not work.

I am sure that my previous kernel 6.2.0-rc4 work normally, so I
did some bisect and found the commit below cause the failure on
my system:

9dbb8e3452ab irqdomain: Switch to per-domain locking

I really have no idea why it cause my problem, but I see just
reverting this commit really help me.

Do you have any idea?

--
Best regards,