Re: Raspberry Pi 4B: Failed to create device link with soc:firmware:gpio

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Sat Feb 25 2023 - 20:58:33 EST

On 2/25/2023 4:01 PM, Saravana Kannan wrote:
On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 7:38 AM Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Saravana,

Using v6.2-10217-ga93e884edf61v my Raspberry Pi 4B issues the following
for the "extended GPIO" provider:

[ 5.969855] uart-pl011 fe201000.serial: Failed to create device link
with soc:firmware:gpio

Outside of this error, is it actually breaking anything?

There is just this warning, there does not appear to be a functional issue.

Also, can you
pull in this patch and tell me what it says? I want to know what the
flags are.
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230225064148.274376-1-saravanak@xxxxxxxxxx/

Can you also change every pr_debug and dev_dbg in drivers/base/core.c
to an info and then give me the logs as an attachment?

Sure will do.

The kernel configuration I am using can be found here:

https://gist.github.com/ffainelli/4eb83740c25b10f75b54560f8c8febb1

And the DTS is arch/arm*/boot/dts/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dts

Ah, is this yet another case of a DTS that's not upstream? Don't
worry, I'll still look at it as it might point to some existing
upstream issue too.

This is with the upstream DTS file under that directory, I used * to denote that this was used equally for both arm and arm64.

Thanks!
--
Florian