Re: [RFC 0/2] RISC-V: enable rust

From: Conor Dooley
Date: Fri Feb 24 2023 - 17:32:19 EST

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 11:20:34PM +0100, Miguel Ojeda wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 10:00 PM Conor Dooley <conor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > That's what I did! Unless I missed something that was non-obvious, the
> > only name on the commits I lifted was you. Is there somewhere else I
> > should have looked for that information?
>
> I would have traced the commits back a bit more. For instance, in the
> first commit you mention above, one may see the RISC-V target files
> were removed, so that means something was already there. Checking who
> added those files leads to a few commits from Gary (and one from
> Daniel).

> And then it is about making a judgement call trying to be fair :)

It was a few hours ago that I looked properly, but, IIRC, it was a
conversion from config files to code? My understanding was that
config files were not copyrightable, hence I looked only at the
authorship of the code. I'm usually on the anal side about SoB stuff,
so it is not a matter of me not bothering!