Re: [PULL] Networking for v6.3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 23 2023 - 16:37:57 EST

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 11:06 AM Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So that we can file a bug report about use of Wireless Extensions, what
> process is ThreadPoolForeg?

It is, as you already seem to have googled, just a sub-thread of google-chrome.

> The warning was applied over a month ago, I'm surprised nobody
> else has reported anything.

Honestly, I'm not sure how many people actually _run_ a real desktop
on linux-next. Getting merged into mainline really ends up resulting
in a lot more testing (outside of the test robots that don't tend to
really run desktop loads).

I see it on my desktop too, but I actually noticed it on my laptop
first, because it - once again - has started falling off the wireless
network regularly and I was looking if there were any messages about
it.

(That ath driver really is flaky, and I've never figured out what the
trigger is, it just sometimes goes dead and you have to disable and
re-enable wireless. But that's not a new problem, it's just a "that's
why I noticed")

Linus