Re: [PULL] Networking for v6.3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 23 2023 - 12:22:03 EST

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 3:38 PM Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--
> Networking changes for 6.3.

Hmm. I just noticed another issue on my laptop: I get an absolute *flood* of

warning: 'ThreadPoolForeg' uses wireless extensions that are
deprecated for modern drivers: use nl80211

introduced in commit dc09766c755c ("wifi: wireless: warn on most
wireless extension usage").

This is on my xps13 with Atheros QCA6174 wireless ("Killer 1435
Wireless-AC", PCI ID 168c:003e, subsystem 1a56:143a).

And yes, it uses 'pr_warn_ratelimited()', but the ratelimiting is a
joke. That means that I "only" get five warnings a second, and then it
pauses for a minute or two until it does it again.

So that warning needs to go away - it flushed the whole kernel printk
buffer in no time.

Linus