Re: Regression: NULL pointer dereference after NFS_V4_2_READ_PLUS (commit 7fd461c47)

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2023 - 09:25:07 EST

On 18.02.23 16:09, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On 18/02/2023 05:42, Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten
> Leemhuis) wrote:
>> [TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux regression tracking. A
>> change or fix related to the regression discussed in this thread was
>> posted or applied, but it did not use a Link: tag to point to the
>> report, as Linus and the documentation call for. Things happen, no
>> worries -- but now the regression tracking bot needs to be told manually
>> about the fix. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

>>> [...]
>>> Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
>>> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
>>> tracking bot:
>>>
>>> #regzbot ^introduced 7fd461c47
>>> #regzbot title nfs: NULL pointer dereference since NFS_V4_2_READ_PLUS is
>>> enabled by default
>>> #regzbot ignore-activity
>>
>> #regzbot fix: 896e090eefedeb8a715ea19938a2791c32679
>
> I see it was posted and merged as "Revert "NFSv4.2: Change the default
> KConfig value for READ_PLUS"". It's nice to give credits to people who
> report bugs with "Reported-by" tag.

Yup. And a "Link:" with the url to the report is missing as well (Linus
wants those, automatic regression tracking needs those [IOW: if they are
missing it causes me trouble, that's why I care], and the docs explain
this as well).

That's why I asked for those two tags, but I didn't even get a reply:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/8d26e819-a3a5-7ae1-bb9e-56bacfa7f65b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.