Re: [Jfs-discussion] Should we orphan JFS?

From: me
Date: Mon Feb 20 2023 - 07:07:46 EST

I would also like to chime in as a long time (20+ years?) user of JFS.

I use JFS for essentially all my Linux boxes, laptops, desktops due to
its low resource usage and proven dependability. I also really enjoy
its "naive" implementation of case-insensitivity, which I tend to use
on /home mounted filesystems.

I would really miss JFS for what it's worth and would like to sing its
praises: low resource usage, tried-and-tested stability and for a long
time the only case-insensitive option available (I know about ext4's
new case-folding features of course, but have not had good experiences
with it yet (experienced boot issues with grub, per directory setting)).

Kind regards,

Rubin!