Re: Regression: NULL pointer dereference after NFS_V4_2_READ_PLUS (commit 7fd461c47)

From: Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2023 - 23:42:49 EST

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux regression tracking. A
change or fix related to the regression discussed in this thread was
posted or applied, but it did not use a Link: tag to point to the
report, as Linus and the documentation call for. Things happen, no
worries -- but now the regression tracking bot needs to be told manually
about the fix. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 08.01.23 09:52, Linux kernel regression tracking (#adding) wrote:
> On 07.01.23 16:44, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>>
>> Bisect identified commit 7fd461c47c6c ("NFSv4.2: Change the default
>> KConfig value for READ_PLUS") as one leading to NULL pointer exception
>> when mounting NFS root on NFSv4 client:
> [...]
> Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced 7fd461c47
> #regzbot title nfs: NULL pointer dereference since NFS_V4_2_READ_PLUS is
> enabled by default
> #regzbot ignore-activity

#regzbot fix: 896e090eefedeb8a715ea19938a2791c32679

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.

#regzbot ignore-activity