Re: Regression in Kernel 6.0: System partially freezes with "nvme controller is down"

From: Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2023 - 10:03:26 EST

On 12.01.23 15:48, Linux kernel regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
wrote:
> On 11.01.23 23:11, Julian Groß wrote:
>>
>> when running Linux Kernel version 6.0.12, 6.0.10, 6.0-rc7, or 6.1.4, my
>> system seemingly randomly freezes due to the file system being set to
>> read-only due to an issue with my NVMe controller.
>> The issue does *not* appear on Linux Kernel version 5.19.11 or lower.
>>
>> Through network logging I am able to catch the issue:
>
> [...]
>
> #regzbot ^introduced v5.19..v6.0-rc7
> #regzbot title nvme: system partially freezes with "nvme controller is down"
> #regzbot ignore-activity

Stop tracking this for now:

#regzbot inconclusive: stalled and might be a hw issue
#regzbot ignore-activity

For details see:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/81b5b28e-33fb-48ca-9e84-7574d5596bfb@xxxxxxxxx/

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.