Re: regression: nfs mount (even idle) eventually hangs server #forregzbot

From: Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2023 - 07:45:36 EST

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux kernel regression
tracking. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 22.12.22 12:19, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [Note: this mail contains only information for Linux kernel regression
> tracking. Mails like these contain '#forregzbot' in the subject to make
> then easy to spot and filter out. The author also tried to remove most
> or all individuals from the list of recipients to spare them the hassle.]
>
> On 21.12.22 09:59, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>> scenario: /home/mikeg of desktop box mounted by lappy, lappy sitting
>> idle with user mikeg not even logged in. Reclaim inducing activity on
>> desktop box eventually leads to spew below. I've hung the box three
>> times in two days, twice with light client side activity, and below
>> with none, ie with the mount point allegedly merely existing. Sans nfs
>> mount, box seems perfectly fine. 6.1 didn't reproduce either, so it
>> would appear to be a merge window bug.
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced v5.19..v6.0
> #regzbot title nfs: mount (even idle) eventually hangs server
> #regzbot ignore-activity

#regzbot fix: f385f7d244134246f984975ed34cd75f77de4
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.