Re: [GIT PULL] thermal material for v6.3, take 2

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Feb 16 2023 - 08:37:01 EST

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 12:10 PM Daniel Lezcano
<daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rafael,
>
> The following changes since commit 61b7614c114c817f9f326282c2f7a728bf0051a8:
>
> Merge branch 'thermal-intel' into linux-next (2023-02-09 19:57:59 +0100)

When I was preparing my thermal pull request for 6.3-rc1 which I'm
going to submit shortly, I noticed that this pull request was based on
my linux-next branch which wasn't suitable for this purpose at all (it
contained temporary merges and material that is not sent in thermal
pull requests, like ACPI and power management commits).

In the future, if I receive a pull request based on my linux-next
branch, I won't pull.

Please base your pull requests sent to me on mainline commits
(ideally, on a recent -rc) or, if there are commits that your new
material depends on in my thermal branch, you can base your pull
request on it (it is a forward-only branch as a rule, but please see
below). If none of the above is applicable, please let me know ahead
of time, so I can set up a separate forward-only branch as a base for
your pull request.

This time I had to reset my thermal branch back to commit
f364beb5b673, merge my thermal-core and thermal-intel branches and
cherry-pick the new thermal changes from the $subject pull request on
top of that to remedy the situation (I have verified that this has not
introduced any code differences).

Thanks,
Rafael