Re: [regression, bisected, pci/iommu] Bug 216865 - Black screen when amdgpu started during 6.2-rc1 boot with AMD IOMMU enabled

From: Vasant Hegde
Date: Thu Feb 16 2023 - 00:27:18 EST

Felix, Jason, Matt,

On 2/16/2023 6:05 AM, Felix Kuehling wrote:
> [+Shimmer, Aaron]
>
> Am 2023-02-15 um 10:39 schrieb Bjorn Helgaas:
>> [+cc Christian, Xinhui, amd-gfx]

WARN is fixed and its in Joerg's tree.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230111121503.5931-1-vasant.hegde@xxxxxxx/

report_iommu_fault() happened because in amd_iommu_init_device() path it failed
to attach devices to new domain and returned error. But it didn't put devices
back to old domain properly. It left in incosistent state and resulted in IO
page fault. I have proposed series to handle device to domain attachment failure
and better handling of subsequent report_iommu_fault().
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/20230215052642.6016-1-vasant.hegde@xxxxxxx/

@Matt,
Can you please help to verify above patches on your system where you hit the
issue originally?
(Grab above two series, apply it on top of latest kernel and test it)

-Vasant