Re: [regression, bisected, pci/iommu] Bug 216865 - Black screen when amdgpu started during 6.2-rc1 boot with AMD IOMMU enabled

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Wed Feb 15 2023 - 10:39:21 EST

[+cc Christian, Xinhui, amd-gfx]

On Fri, Jan 06, 2023 at 01:48:11PM +0800, Baolu Lu wrote:
> [...]

Is this stalled? We explored the idea of changing the PCI core so
that for devices that use ATS/PRI, we could enable PASID without
checking for ACS [1], but IIUC we ultimately concluded that it was
based on a misunderstanding of how ATS Translation Requests are routed
and that an AMD driver change would be required [2].

So it seems like we still have this regression, and we're running out
of time before v6.2.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230114073420.759989-1-baolu.lu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/Y91X9MeCOsa67CC6@xxxxxxxxxx/