Re: Problem when function alarmtimer_suspend returns 0 if time delta is zero

From: Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
Date: Sat Feb 11 2023 - 01:25:30 EST

Hi John

On Sat, Feb 11, 2023 at 2:18 AM John Stultz <jstultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 5:04 PM John Stultz <jstultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thomas' patch fixes the erronious 0-as-invalid initialization issue
> > using KTIME_MAX but also simplifies the logic getting rid of the
> > freezer handling.
> >
> > I don't have as much familiarity with the freezer handling change, so
> > while it looks sane, I can't say I would likely catch an issue doing a
> > visual review.
>
> Actually, because of this, I'm going to split Thomas' change in two.
>
> The first to just use KTIME_MAX as the invalid initialization value,
> and the second to cleanup the freezer logic.
>
> That way if the freezer change is problematic we can revert it and not
> lose the fix here.
>
> thanks
> -john

I'm not that Michael but it's ok I think to add both as a reporter. I can try to
test on my side too and then send a tested-by

Michael

--
Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer

Amarula Solutions BV
Joop Geesinkweg 125, 1114 AB, Amsterdam, NL
T. +31 (0)85 111 9172
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.amarulasolutions.com