Re: drm: panel-orientation-quirks: Add quirk for Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3 10IGL5

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Thu Feb 09 2023 - 10:54:25 EST

Hi,

On 2/9/23 16:36, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 07:04:58PM +0000, Darrell Kavanagh wrote:
>> I've resolved this by adding a matching quirk in
>> drivers/firmware/efi/sysfb_efi.c - see below.

Right, this is a known issue on Lenovo 2-in-1s with
the panel mounted 90 degree rotated issue. For some reason
the efifb info still gives a landscape resolution even though
the actual resolution really is portrait. This also messes
up the pitch of the framebuffer leading to the weird corrupted
looking output you saw.

>> I've resolved this by adding a matching quirk in
>> drivers/firmware/efi/sysfb_efi.c - see below.
>>
>> Are you the right people to be notifying about this?
>
> Yes, we are.
>
> Howewer, please follow
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html
>
> In particular, a proper commit log and your Signed-off-By tag is missing.

Are we, do patches to that file go through drm-misc ? :

[hans@shalem linux]$ scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/firmware/efi/sysfb_efi.c
Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@xxxxxxxxxx> (maintainer:EXTENSIBLE FIRMWARE INTERFACE (EFI))
linux-efi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list:EXTENSIBLE FIRMWARE INTERFACE (EFI))
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list)

Either way this should be turned into a proper patch with a proper
Signed-off-By message as Maxime mentioned.

My offer for the drm_panel_orientation_quirks.c patch to turn it into
a proper patch for you also extends to this one. If you want that,
please let me know and again add your Signed-off-by as a standalone
separate line in your reply so that I can use it for the commit message.

Regards,

Hans