Re: PPS functionality for Intel Timed I/O

From: Rodolfo Giometti
Date: Mon Jan 30 2023 - 09:28:45 EST

On 30/01/23 15:11, N, Pandith wrote:
Here is a presentation link for Timed I/O device
https://lpc.events/event/16/contributions/1387/attachments/1051/2010/Timed_IO_LPC.pdf

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

Intel Timed I/O PIN has both generator functionality and input capability.
Wanted to ask if it’s better to have two separate drivers, one under client
for input and other as generator driver for PPS output.
OR
Have a single client driver and user can choose the functionality (either
PPS output or as PPS source to capture pulses with timestamps).
Within kernel sources PPS clients and PPS generators are placed into different directories, so I suppose is better to deploy two different pieces of code.

However pay attention to the fact that a PPS generator should be referred to system's main clock and not to peripherals' clock.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

--
GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail: giometti@xxxxxxxxxxxx