Re: pktcdvd

From: Pali Rohár
Date: Sun Jan 29 2023 - 17:21:40 EST

On Sunday 29 January 2023 14:55:27 Jens Axboe wrote:
> This does not look like a new issue (eg related to this series), and
> this is exactly one of the reasons we wanted to get rid of this code -
> basically nobody tests it, as nobody has the ability to. That means it's
> very time consuming to debug issues with it.

I understand. I could try to look at it. The main issue for me is that I
have not looked at this low level block device kernel area and I do not
understand what is the code around doing...

> What is the newest kernel you've run the pktcdvd driver on?

4.19 from Debian 10. I'm not sure if I used newer version as most stuff
is still on Debian 10 as I have not find a time to do upgrade of
everything.