fixed-regulator with enable from another regulator

From: Francesco Dolcini
Date: Fri Jan 27 2023 - 16:33:27 EST

Hello all,
I am trying to figure out if it is possible with the current
regulator-fixed or with any other solution already implemented in Linux
to have a regulator enabled from another one.

I am not talking about the regulator vin-supply, I am really talking
about the enable input signal of a LDO connected to the output of another
regulator, a sort of "chained" regulator.

As an example something like this

<reg_1v8>[out] ---> [vin-supply]<reg_1v0>[out] --->
<reg_3v3>[out] ---> [enable]

<reg_1v8>[out] ---> [vin-supply]<reg_1v2>[out] --->
<reg_3v3>[out] ---> [enable]

<gpio1> ---> [enable]<reg_3v3>[out]--->

in which toggling <gpio1> control 3 different outputs.

I am still not 100% sure if describing this specific hardware connection
would be required on my system, maybe I can just ignore all of that.

Any thought?

Francesco