Re: regression on aarch64? panic on boot

From: Linux kernel regression tracking (#update)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2023 - 06:11:34 EST

[TLDR: there afaics is a fix for the regression discussed in this
thread, but its author did not use a Link: tag to point to the report,
as wanted by Linus and explained in the documentation; this forces me to
write this mail, which sole purpose it to update the state of this
tracked Linux kernel regression.]

On 19.01.23 14:10, Linux kernel regression tracking (#adding) wrote:
> On 16.01.23 22:57, Klaus Jensen wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting panics when booting from a QEMU hw/nvme device on an aarch64
>> guest in roughly 20% of boots on v6.2-rc4. Example panic below.
>>
>> I've bisected it to commit eac3ef262941 ("nvme-pci: split the initial
>> probe from the rest path").
>>
>> I'm not seeing this on any other emulated platforms that I'm currently
>> testing (x86_64, riscv32/64, mips32/64 and sparc64).
>> [...]
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced eac3ef262941
> #regzbot title nvme: occasional boot problems due to the newly supported
> async driver probe
> #regzbot ignore-activity

#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230124171738.2311160-1-kbusch@xxxxxxxx/
#regzbot fix: nvme-pci: flush initial scan_work for async probe
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.