Re: Phoronix pts fio io_uring test regression report on upstream v6.1 and v5.15

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Wed Jan 25 2023 - 19:29:01 EST

On 1/25/23 5:22?PM, Saeed Mirzamohammadi wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
> I applied your patch (with a minor conflict in xfs_file_open() since FMODE_BUF_WASYNC isn't in v5.15) and did the same series of tests on the v5.15 kernel. All the io_uring benchmarks regressed 20-45% after it. I haven't tested on v6.1 yet.

It should basically make the behavior the same as before once you apply
the patch, so please pass on the patch that you applied for 5.15 so we
can take a closer look.

Also, please don't top post. Replies go below the context, that's normal
OSS etiquette. Just like I did in the first one, and in this one.

--
Jens Axboe