Re: [BUG] vlan-aware bridge breaks vlan on another port on same gmac

From: Vladimir Oltean
Date: Sat Jan 21 2023 - 07:22:37 EST

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 01:11:43PM +0100, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> > What happens in mt7530_port_vlan_filtering() is that the user port (lan0)
> > *and* the CPU port become VLAN aware. I guess it is the change on the
> > CPU port that affects the traffic to "wan".
>
> interesting, and funny to see that vlan_aware on gmac is added, but not removed in else branch :p

it is... see "if (all_user_ports_removed)" in mt7530_port_set_vlan_unaware().

> > If this works, I expect it will break VLAN tagged traffic over lan0 now :)
> > So I would then like you to remove the first patch and try the next one
>
> tried first patch, and wan stays working, now i try to figure out how i can access the vlan in the bridge to set ip-address..
>
> ip link del vlan110 #delete vlan-interface from wan to have clean routing
> bridge vlan add vid 110 dev lan0
> bridge vlan add vid 110 dev lanbr0 self
>
> how can i now set ip-address to the vlan110 (imho need to extract the vlan as separate netdev) for testing that lan0 still works?

ip link add link lanbr0 name lanbr0.110 type vlan id 110

Can you try the second patch instead of the first one? Without digging
deeply into mt7530 hardware docs, that's the best chance of making
things work without changing how the hardware operates.