Re: Dhrystone -- userland version

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Wed Jan 11 2023 - 08:53:44 EST

Hi Jan,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 2:32 PM Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Dunno. I'd not solve it if package was in Debian, but it is not.
> >
> >I would suspect the better long-term solution would be to get the
> >package into Debian, since that will be easier for people to use. I
> >suspect the reason why most distros don't include it is because it
> >really is a **terrible** benchmark for most use cases.
>
> (All of) you could install boinc-client and just exercise
> --run_cpu_benchmarks without (I think) attaching to any particular
> computing project. The package should be in distros and you get
> both Dhrystone and Whetstone.

Thanks, but I really want an in-kernel benchmark, as a full userland
may not be available during early development.

BTW, boinc doesn't seem to work under Wayland, spewing lots of
"Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key", before printing Dhrystone and
Whetstone numbers...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds